SEO is an ever-evolving field. Search engine algorithms keep changing constantly and hence marketers need to stay on their toes at all times. Check out these top SEO tips for 2016.
1) Focus on making your website ‘sticky’: Earlier, SEO was all about exact keywords and getting people to click on your site. Today, it is what happens after the click that matters the most. Search engines are analyzing how people interact with your website. Do they get what they were looking for? Do they return to the results page immediately? How high is your bounce rate? How much time are visitors spending on your website? Are they looking at more than one page? In order to earn favor with the search engines, you must satisfy user intent. Focus on delivering original, unique and tangible solutions to user queries. Understand your audience and strive for positive engagement.
2) Go Mobile: In 2015, for the first time in history, more searches were made through mobile devices than desktops. This trend will continue in 2016 and also in the coming years. If you are even remotely serious about your online business venture, optimize your website for mobile devices. If your website takes time to load on a mobile device; or if visitors have to keep zooming in and out constantly; they will eventually get frustrated and go back to the results page and look for something else. Depending upon the size of your business, you should also consider developing an app. Once a user downloads your app, it is almost a guarantee of repeat business.
3) Rich Answers is the way to go: You may have noticed that of late, snippets of information are being featured above all the organic search results. As of yet, google is providing rich answers for only about 20% of queries. However, this number is bound to go up in future. So how to get into the elusive rich answers box? Well, according to a study published by the Stone Temple Consulting Firm, writing a clear, relevant title and proper formatting is of utmost importance. Obviously, you need to rank very well for the query. Include unique images where possible. As mentioned earlier, algorithms keep changing and hence there is no set method to crack the rich answers box. You just have to focus on providing the best content/solution. Google should perceive your website as an authoritative source of information. It should trust you enough to feature you as a rich answer. Before writing content, check out the top results for that particular keyword. Now make your content more interesting, easier to understand, more valuable and better formatted than the top results. There is simply no substitute for providing true value. For a more detailed explanation about rich answers, go to https://www.stonetemple.com/the-growth-of-rich-answers-in-googles-search-results/ .
4) Make your website more interactive: People love to voice their opinions and smartphones are the best device for this purpose. Make sure that your website has a comments section. Quizzes and surveys are also great for driving user engagement. Ask thought provoking questions, ask people for advice, tell them to relate their experiences.
5) Size Does Matter: Longer articles are receiving more traffic. Google wants to direct people to web pages that will completely satisfy their query. Hence, 300 word articles with superficial information will just not cut it. Aim for longer articles – 1200 to 1500 words is a good range. Your articles should talk about all aspects of the query – they should be detailed but not overly complicated. Make your content easier to read by using sub-headings and lists.
6) Videos: Most people prefer watching videos to reading plain text. Videos are more entertaining and easier to understand. For example: It is easier to follow a certain recipe once you have watched a video of it than just reading the instructions.
For those of you that are looking for help finding an agency to do it for you, I understand the challenges you are facing completely. You need someone who knows what they are doing and can deliver results. At the end of the day you need to work with talent that can deliver a great ROI.
Here is a company that is on the rise. They have a great reputation for bringing results. Check out their SEO Services. They are an seo company based in Oakville Canada but they specialize in ranking you in your town or city anywhere in North America or the UK.
Now that you are equipped with the latest SEO tips for 2016, go out and make a killing!